expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, July 7, 2014

Daily Blog Entry

Tonight’s daily blog entry is the prewriting exercise for the What is a Place essay. My family has a couple of places that we go for reunions. For Father’s Day, we have gone to Fellow’s Lake in Fair Grove, and in October we have a family reunion at the Heritage Cafeteria in Springfield. Both are two of my favorite places for seeing my family and eating great food. The hill where the CVS pharmacy on battlefield is located has been an important place where my friend, Katelyn, and I have had very important conversations. Twice now, we’ve gotten shaved ice and sat on the hill and looked down Battlefield and discussed what hat was going on in our lives. I cannot think of many places where anything traumatic has happened to me, save for the bottom of the hill in my backyard where I crashed into barbed wire as a kid and got a nasty gash on my shoulder. The place where my parents got married isn’t exactly a grand or even romantic location; they eloped in Branson at a now run down wedding chapel. Although they claim it was romantic at the time! My parents were the first members of my family to come to Strafford; I believe they first slept over at their best friend’s house here. There is definitely a special place where my friends and I go. In Kirksville, there is a small footbridge in the middle of nowhere that is suspended above a pair of train tracks. The stars are beautiful and the gust of wind generated by passing trains is always exhilarating. There are two more places that have deep significance to me. The first one is the High Street Baptist church in Springfield. It is where I graduated last year, and is the last time I saw a majority of my class. Finally, the entire town of Elkland, Missouri is special to me because it is where most of my family lives and contains several wonderful childhood memories. It will be quite difficult for me to select a single place out of all of these great choices! 
Monday, July 7

No comments:

Post a Comment