expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, July 4, 2014

Daily Blog Entry

Every year for the Fourth of July, I have never had any plans with friends. It has always been a simple family reunion. This year, however, I finally got a request to celebrate with some friends! Katlyn, her family, Meredith, and I went down to Katlyn's family's lake house at Table Rock Lake. Katlyn has been a close friend since middle school. Her constant smile and optimistic makes every trip fun. I met Meredith in college who just happened to be friends with Katlyn in elementary school. Meredith has jet black hair which matches her sense of humor. She can make any situation funny with her sarcasm. We had a blast swimming, boating, and tubing. I rather enjoyed making Katlyn nervous by threatening to knock her off! She flew off twice from the tube without my help anyway, and we had quite the laugh at her expense! Once we were finished at the lake, we headed back up to the house. As we were hanging out on the deck overlooking the lake, we experienced a serendipitous encounter with a bald eagle. The bird majestically flew past us as we watched in awe. It was quite the coincidence that we got to see such a beautiful American symbol on the Fourth of July!  We soon enjoyed a dinner of delicious hot dogs and hamburgers, macaroni and cheese, and potato salad. We topped off our night with s'mores around a bon fire. Finally, the fireworks started around 9:00. We greatly enjoyed a typical assortment of brilliant flashes of spectacular colors. The hour long experience was top notch and one of the best showcases of fireworks I have seen in my life. Although we returned exhausted and sunburnt, this has been my favorite Fourth of July by far. I will always treasure this memory.
Friday, July 4 

No comments:

Post a Comment