expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Daily Blog Entry


This evening’s daily blog entry comes from Kortney Driver’s suggestion. “What are some awesome vacations that you have taken? Memorable places you've seen or people you've met along the way?” I will begin with my first vacation out of Missouri. It was the summer of 2002. My family traveled to Destin, Florida by car and stayed in a beach house. It rained nearly the entire time, but I thought it was the coolest trip I have ever experienced because it was the first time I ever saw the ocean. I immediately fell in love with everything the beach had to offer. The next two summers, we traveled to Gulf Shores, Alabama. I could not believe that a beach could improve on what Destin had to offer. The sand was whiter and cleaner and the sea was much clearer. Best of all, there was no rain for either trip! The second trip to Gulf Shores was even better! Our hotel messed up with our reservations and overbooked. Usually, this would be a massive problem, but we were offered an amazing solution. We got to stay in the penthouse suite for our stay! It was a collection of rooms that had several great amenities and the best view! That was one of my favorite vacations until 2006. That year my family went on a cruise to Cozumel and the Yucatan Peninsula. We had the best time exploring the enormous ship and the tropical locations. Finally, the best vacation I went on with my family was a cruise in 2011. We traveled to two islands in the Bahamas. One destination was Nassau, and my sister and I went parasailing. It was one of the most fun experiences in my life. We loved circling in the air and viewing the busy island and the dolphins in the distance. We don’t always get the opportunity to travel to such exotic locations, but I definitely look forward to every year we get to!
Wednesday, July 16

No comments:

Post a Comment