expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Daily Blog Entry


We have all had that one class in high school that we always looked forward to. For some of us, the class was made fun and interesting by the teacher, the subject, or the fellow students. I was lucky to have three classes in high school with the same teacher that had all of these components. I remember starting Biology in January of 2011. I thought to myself, “Here we go, another boring science class with another terrible teacher.” At that point, it had been four years since I had a science teacher who actually cared about her students and wasn’t burned out on teaching. Thankfully, my new Biology teacher, Ms. Myers, surpassed my incredibly low expectations. For the first time since the sixth grade, I was interested in science again. I loved learning about cells and genetics. Best of all, the class actually challenged me. The next fall I enrolled in Chemistry with the same teacher. Ms. Myers once again proved to be able to make the content extremely interesting and relevant with real life examples and applications. The class was made even better by being surrounded by my best friends. The next year, I got to take one last class with Ms. Myers, Anatomy and Physiology. I got to learn all about our bones and muscles, the layers of the skin, the complete digestive, respiratory, and circulatory systems, and the brain. We even got to dissect cats towards the end of the year! It was during Anatomy and Physiology that I realized that was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I want to keep learning everything there is to know about the human body. My major is currently Biology with a minor in Chemistry. I am looking forward to what the future holds in these disciplines, and it is all thanks to one extraordinary high school teacher.
Thursday, July 17

No comments:

Post a Comment