expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Daily Blog Entry



For today’s daily journal entry, I again decided to try out the writing prompt generator found on the class website. The prompt read, "What's the best/worst thing about being the age you are right now?  Write about it." I almost clicked for a new prompt when I stopped myself. I realized there are quite a few things I enjoy and dislike about my current age. I am twenty years old and in college. I love the newly gained independence. I live four hours away from home and am surrounded by brand new friends; I am in a new town; I have a new home. I love the new freedom. It is a great preview for what actually living on my own will be like. However, this way I am still dependent in a few ways. Living expenses and utilities are paid for, so I do not have to pay my own bills yet. My parents are only a phone call away, and I still can visit them once a month. What I really love most about my age is that I am meeting people who will become life-long friends. I also get to relax for a few more years before fully planning my future out. The opportunities seem unlimited at this point! There are a few things that I dislike about being twenty years old. I have to be much more accountable and have taken on more responsibilities than ever. I dislike having to work at a real job, no matter how necessary it is, and how much more difficult classes are in college than high school. While I enjoy having an open future, I am worried about what my future may hold and dealing with the uncertainty. It seems like being in your twenties can be a mixed bag in life!
Tuesday, July 1

No comments:

Post a Comment