expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Daily Blog Entry

This evening’s daily blog post comes from the class’s discussion board. Cathern Bloss suggested, “If I Won the Powerball?” This is quite an exciting question to think about! Everyone daydreams about what they would do with millions of dollars. I would spend it on myself, on my friends and family, and on those in need.
There have been a few personal dreams and desires that I have had for quite a while now that definitely require large amounts of money. The first and most important wish would be to be able to afford medical school without any loans. I would love to graduate debt free and winning the Powerball would definitely make that dream come true. Secondly, my dream car is a silver Chevrolet Corvette. There is no way I would be able to resist buying one of those hot rods! Thirdly, I have always wanted to travel to Italy. I would take my mom with me and we would see all that Italy has to offer.
I would also want to spend money on the people who mean the most to me in my life, my family and best friends. I would want to give everyone in my family things that they’ve always wanted. I would pay for my Mom to have her own lake house, my dad tickets to ball games at every MLB stadium, my sister the ability to see the world, and my brother-in-law the most advanced bass boat and fishing equipment. Finally, I would have the most unforgettable night ever with my best friends.
I believe that everyone should donate some of his or her winnings to charity. Winners didn’t do any work to win the money, so I believe it is pretty selfish not to give back. I would invest an extremely large chunk of my winnings to my church, so they could continue to build wells in India. I would also want them to be able to build another school for the under-privileged children.
          Winning the Powerball would bring about several changes in my life. Money doesn’t buy happiness, but it sure would be helpful for impacting others and making a change in the world. Thank you Cathern for the idea!         Sunday, July 6

No comments:

Post a Comment