expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Daily Blog Entry


Tonight’s entry required another trip to the random writing prompt generator. “"What relaxes you most?  Write about a place where you have relaxed.  Capture the place with your writing." The most relaxing place I can think of is my grandparent’s house. They live in the rural town of Elkland, Missouri. The population is a staggering two hundred! My mom’s side of the family literally makes up fifteen percent of the town’s population. I find my grandparent’s house to be so relaxing because everything is quiet, and I am surrounded by my family. Their house has a sunroom, which is my favorite place to sprawl out with my homework and listen to music. During my freshman year of high school, I would go to Elkland at least twice a month so I could see my grandparents and study in peace. My very talented uncle painted the walls of the sunroom. There are realistic tigers patrolling a lush savannah and a cheerful orangutan hanging from a tree branch. I love the sunroom because it is so quiet and has a great view of my grandparent’s field filled with cattle. I can usually find my grandma in the kitchen. She is typically baking her famous rolls or reading the newspaper. Every morning she will go downstairs and run for miles on her treadmill. In the living room, I can find my grandpa talking on the phone to his customers or watching golf on the television. I also love the living room because it has so many wonderful memories. Every Christmas night, my extended family congregates at my grandparent’s house. We eat a big dinner and have a great time opening presents. The memories don’t stop at Christmas; I have many other memories of growing up and going to my grandparent’s. Their house and the town itself will always hold a special place in my heart.
Thursday, July 3

No comments:

Post a Comment