expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Daily Blog Entry


I am experiencing a spell of writer’s block tonight, so I think the best cure is free writing. This summer has been the topic on mind a lot recently, so I will set the timer for ten minutes and see where it takes me. I knew this summer would be filled with new challenges. Once I left school in Kirksville, I had a brief amount of time before I had to resume responsibilities by taking online classes and finally finding a job. However, I was granted a birthday and a weeklong visit from my best friend from St. Louis. I turned twenty years old, nothing new or exciting expect for leaving my teenage years. My friend Justin and I had a wonderful week, we went to the nature center, played video games, and saw the fault in our stars. Shortly after I started my first online classes, Composition I and Introduction to Communication. I wanted to do these now to get ahead in college. I also got a job at Culver’s. I’m not sure which of the two has been more stressful, school or work. I really dread working with the public and I’m looking forward to quitting and resume studying at Truman State. This fall, I will be going back to college, or as I think of it my second home, and will finally be able to see my friends again. Not only will I be a sophomore now, but I will be living in a new hall and rooming with my three best friends, Justin, Joe, and Mason.  I will continue taking classes in Italian and will start three new ones: Cell Biology, Organic Chemistry, and Introduction to Statistics. I am so looking forward to August. Time flies when I’m up in Kirksville. In the meantime, I have a OneRepublic Concert to look forward to! Justin and I will be meeting in St. Louis to watch the Script, American Authors, and my favorite band, OneRepublic perform live! I am so excited for it, and I am sure it will be a wonderful kick-start to the rest of the month. For now, life is moving by pretty slowly. My classes will be done soon, which is pretty fast, but work drags on and the house has been pretty quiet since my sister married and moved out. I haven’t seen many of my friends from my hometown except for Katlyn. I have also been texting Justin dozens of times a day so we can keep our sanity. The two of us have never looked forward to school so much! As of right now, July seems like the most boring month of the year, but my life will speed up exponentially once August comes around!   
Saturday, July 5

No comments:

Post a Comment