expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Final Blog Entry


I cannot believe that it is already time for my final reflection post on my blog. This entire virtual portfolio of the last seven weeks of writing assignments has shown me several things as I look back. I have found out that my writing skills have improved. I am now able to more effectively convey my thoughts into words. My biggest struggle in composing these daily entries was digging deep into my mind and experiences. While it was fun and simple to write about my interests and favorite activities growing up, I found it really difficult to uncover and explain what I value and hold dear in life. Specific exercises such as the prewriting activities for the “This I Believe” and “What is a Place?” essays have had the biggest impact on me. Because of these exercises, I now know more about myself. I can understand exactly what I believe in and value and what place has the strongest and most meaningful connection in my life. I relied on the classroom’s daily blog generator for several of my prompts. However, I found that some of the easiest topics to write about were writing about my day through free writing and to discuss my favorite things. Possibly my favorite aspect of creating a blog and adding entries was reading other people’s entries. They really unshed quite a lot of personal information about my classmates, which greatly helps me connect better with my peers. Hopefully my blog served the same purpose, and now my classmates know more about me from my writings. While there were many positive characteristics about the daily entries, there was one thing I quite disliked. I never looked forward to having to write an entry everyday. On days when I worked, having to write an entry was the last thing I wanted to do. However, now I realize that practice really does help improve writing, so I am glad that I preserved and made every deadline. I strongly believe that I have improved as a writer and made significant changes.
Sunday, July 20

No comments:

Post a Comment