expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Know Your Audience Analysis

I was able to make several observations about my audience as a whole from our discussion board questions and answers. For example, we constitute the entire rainbow; we may be made up of many different colors and have several different personalities, but we are all passionate and determined to succeed. One of my favorite questions was, “Where did you go on your absolute favorite vacation?” I found out that we, as a class, have been all over the United States, as well as to several foreign nations, each of us bringing back warm, treasured memories. I expected for many classmates to have their ideal perfect day involve spending time with family members and other loved ones. For the question about who we would want to spend the day with, dead or alive, I saw exactly what I expected; several people would want to spend more time with their deceased relatives. Then there were a couple of questions that had responses I was surprised to read. For example, I expected us to want to be the same few kinds of animals. However, it turns out that we would make up quite a diverse selection from the animal kingdom! We would not just be dogs, cats and birds but sloths and starfish as well! I was also very surprised at the majority of responses to my question, “If you had to do your life over again, what would you change?” Although expecting to see some grandiose ideas for changing their lives, several classmates would request to do their lives exactly the same. I can conclude that my audience is generally goal-oriented, passionate, and family-oriented. This assumption can be made on the basis of the answers to specific questions such as what colors we are and whom we would spend the day with. This knowledge of my audience will impact my writing because now I know more about what my audience cares about and what they value. This way, I will be able to keep my audience in mind when writing, directing the purpose of the writing more towards these values. 

1 comment:

  1. Good summary - move to analysis by asking why. Why did people answer the way that they did? What does this all mean. Defining the meaning will bring you to analysis. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete