expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, June 30, 2014

Daily Blog Entry


Today’s daily blog entry, like yesterdays, is an exercise to help complete my credo. After reading the several “This I Believe” statements on the class webpage, I decided that I most closely relate to “Be Cool to the Pizza Dude”, by Sarah Adams. It is well written and well thought out but also simple at the same time with a basic message: be nice and compassionate to others. This point was especially made relevant to individuals such as pizza delivery guys who will drive thorough almost anything to deliver you dinner. As a server at a fast food restaurant, I know exactly the importance of being nice to employees. I may disagree slightly with “Always go to the Funeral”, by Deirdre Sullivan. While I do agree that it is important for most people to go to the funeral, I believe that people who are close to the deceased should make the situation based on how they are feeling. Even though they may regret not going later, for some people skipping the funeral is a better way of grieving. It is definitely okay to disagree, for it forms our identity and makes us more of an individual. I also believe that creeds can be negative. This is because defining a creed as negative or positive is relative to whom it concerns. For example, the Emancipation Proclamation is generally thought of as a positive creed, because it ended slavery in the United States. However, the creed was seen as very negative by about half of the country. In essence, it helped polarize the nation on the issue of slavery. While creeds can be seen as positive or negative, I believe that they are necessary for human societies. They are used to preserve continuity in organizations, and summarize what the goals and values are of these institutions. For my credo, I will include my goals and values.
Monday, June 30

No comments:

Post a Comment