expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, June 19, 2014

I believe that God has a plan. I believe that we all have a special, unique purpose in life that is meant only for us. I believe that we all have special, unique talents or abilities that God put on our lives to be used at a specific time and place to benefit others. One of my favorite quotes is by albert Einstein. He once said, “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” I think this quote can be intertwined with I believing that god has a plan. Often we judge people and rank others high or superior because of obvious talents and abilities. However, lots of people have subtle, unique properties that are not so obvious to the human eye. I think this is the beauty of God’s master plan; He has a large, plan laid out that has over seven billion pieces, with an end game that is close to solving world problems such as hunger, war, and illiteracy. I think this is a calling for people to believe in themselves, put all of their effort into everything they try, and strive to improve the world. Finally, I think this advice is extremely applicable, regardless of faith. Who cares if someone disagrees with your faith, it is still extremely beneficial to yourself and others to strive towards improving humanity. I am an optimistic, and I truly believe we all can do our part, and find our own talents and unlock our own potential in bettering the environment and ourselves. I first started to realize this personal philosophy when my sister got a tattoo on her left foot that said God has a plan. It took me a while to fully appreciate the beauty hidden in those four small words. I believe the phrase gives hope, and instills faith in humanity that all is possible under Him. I still have two minutes left on the clock. Hmmmm. Think think think. For me, I want to think that my plan is to go into medicine and help others. This may be as a doctor or as a researcher, working towards developing new medicines and treatments for people around the globe. My church has annual missions trips to Calcutta, India, where they spread the message of the gospel and build wells. I think they are doing a great job fulfilling their life purposes and some day I would love to join them. This concludes my free write!

Word Count: 427

3 comments:

  1. Cole,

    First of all I like how you have set up your Blog. I also love the music in it. You have to teach me how to do that to my own blog :)

    Now on to your blog. For what I read you are a great person. I can tell you have a great heart and you wish to help others. That speaks highly of you. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a doctor, the reason was because I wanted to cure my mom's diabetes. Things really didn't work out how I wanted them to but now I am in school and hopefully on the right path to become a Nurse. Just like you I have the desire to help people. I think if more people on this world wanted the same thing, we would have a better world. I can see that you will go places. Keep it up because I'm sure God has a great plan for you!

    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cole,
    God does have a plan. Sometimes truly believing and living by those words can be the hardest thing anyone is ever asked to do. It can be incredibly hard, and sometimes just plain frustrating. In the moment I realized God was in control, I also realized that I had no control. This is hard, and I agree with what you are saying. I also love that you have such a large heart for other people. I am also an optimistic person, so it isn't very hard for me to try and find the light in specific situations. That also means I am often caught trying to solve everyone else's problems. Thank you for what you said, and I am excited for you and all that God has in store for your life!

    Charissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nice comments! I am glad you both like it! It can be really hard to live by these words. They're easy to type, but much harder to actually put into practice. Thanks again for such kind words!

    ReplyDelete